Topband: Ticked over intentional interference on top band

wa3mej at comcast.net wa3mej at comcast.net
Fri Jan 20 19:01:30 PST 2012

I have been a ham for almost 46 years now and having been on 160 off an on for much of that time. Tonight I saw something that I had not really seen on 160 and kinda ticked me off big time; some idiot intentiionally trying to jam VE1ZZ while he was trying to work a DX station that I didnt even hear (I'M Jealous obviously).  This kind of thing happens a lot on 80 what with all the idiots directly challenging the FCC and all but I have not really run into it on the gentlemens band.  Everyone is for the most part so pleasant on this band.  I mean if why not just turn it into a contest for who can work the station first?  but to intentionally be a spoiler for another station just doesnt cut it.

It would be nice to find this joker and poke pins in his coax.  Whats the saying " I'm mad as hell and not going to put up with this"  ???

Jim WA3MEJ

P.S.  VE1ZZ  hope you got the contact anyhow.