Topband: Ticked over intentional interference on top band

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Sat Jan 21 05:07:39 PST 2012

On 2012-01-21, at 6:32 AM, Roger D Johnson wrote:

> Unfortunately, VE1ZZ has a terrible signal with key clicks out to over1kHz
> from his carrier frequency. Perhaps the other chap had a signal he was
> trying to copy wiped out by ZZ and decided to get even.

Hi Roger,

Sez who...?

Jack's keying may well be a tad on the hard side, but his signal HARDLY emits "...key clicks out to over 1 KHz from his carrier frequency", IMHO...and I've copied him at some 30 db.+ over S-9 here, too, so if he was, indeed, "clicky", I think I'd know...

There seems to be a clique of anal "Kilocycle Klix Kops" on 160-meters that is obsessed with key clicks, & is quick to condemn---much too quick to condemn, IMHO---guys like Jack. Far be it for me to suggest that you're a part of that "elite" group, Roger, but I know from personal experience that "...perception is reality", and if so-called tribal knowledge on the band has it that Jack is guilty, then he's been effectively branded as such for life.

It's not fair, & it's not becoming of anyone who aspires to be one in a league of gentlemen to criticize one's fellows in a medium to which said fellow may not be a party of, and thus unable to defend himself...I know: I've been there myself personally, and I did NOT like it.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ