Topband: Inv-L Issues - Still no luck

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 12:48:43 PST 2012

Ok , I am having a real problem here that I haven't been able to solve yet.

I have an inverted L out at the tower that is about 160' long , 70ft vertical the rest sort of horiz , slopes down.... I have one run of RG213 to the RCS-10 remote antenna switch which is at the tower , it was very close to the L , so i moved it so that it is now about 4 ft away from the L, I also grounded it. what is happening is that when i transmit , even 1 dit at about 10 watts something happens out at the switch , the radio goes silent , then after a minute or two it usually starts to come back. it only affects the port that the L is attached to , my Windom is on port 2 and it works fine , so it isnt the radio , the L also works just fine on other bands , I replaced 2 PL-259's and changed the coax that goes from the switch to the L , I do not know what else to do at this point other than at night when i want to use 160 go out to the tower and connect the feedline directly to the L. It happens no matter what port i have the L connected to...

any ideas ?

Dan