Topband: Inv-L Issues - Still no luck

Paul Dulaff pdulaff at embarqmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:37:37 PST 2012

Dan

A little hard to tell what you mean by "port". Do you mean the RCS-10 port or a port on the transceiever ?

I understand you to mean that when you bypass the RSC-10 antenna switch and feed the inverted-L directly,  the inverted-L works OK on 160 meters ?

I mentioned back on 12/31 that RF at 1.8 Mhz may be getting into the control lines and causing the switch to malfunction (hot switch) under load.

A suggestion would be to look for RF on the control lines at the shack when transmitting on 160 meters. Go to the lowest power the transciever can deliver that doesn't hurt the transceiever (if possible).

Is the control line connected directly to the transceiever ?
This could explain why the transceiever is behaving erratically when operting at 160 meters with the switch. RF is getting into the control lines and in the transceiever through the control port.
Are you getting a microporcessor reset at the transceiver when the 1 minute blanking occurs ?

>From your previous e-mails in December, wasn't this syetm working OK at 100 watts (barefoot) but would malfunction with the amplifier ?

Best 73's

Paul - WB2NMI