Topband: UFOs

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Tue Jul 3 09:39:39 PDT 2012

Has anyone ever seen or can point us to a decent treatise on identifying
UFOs?  That would be: Unidentified Ferrite Objects.

Yes, I can throw a few turns on a UFO and sweep it and zero in on the
material, maybe make an educated guess at that point as to the manufacturer,
check his data sheets for a match and data sheet (unless its Laird) and to
be honest, as skilled and test equipment-rich as I am in this area I would
not feel comfortable having gone through that rather laborious process that
I really knew what I had.

There must be a google of UFOs for sale at hamfests and surplus houses -
never getting bought or used since we can't ID them.  Anybody want to design
up a UFO tester?

Hal
N4GG
Happy 4th