Topband: Chokes, et. al. - what is the attenuation ?

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Sat Jul 14 16:40:42 PDT 2012

Hi Rick,

A monoband current forcing balun doesn't require as much coax as you might think.  The 1/4 wavelength of coax would probably be needed anyway, so the only "extra" length is the 3/4 wavelength coax and thats only 35 feet of RG-213 on 20 meters.

http://www.qsl.net/i0jx/balun.pdf

For the price of 35 feet of coax you're 100% certain that the antenna feed is balanced.  Admittedly this doesn't scale very well to 80 and 160 meters, but its a great performer on the higher bands including 6 meters.

73
Frank
W3LPL