Topband: DSL knocks out when on TopBand

lrpmbt at comcast.net lrpmbt at comcast.net
Mon Jul 16 19:40:59 PDT 2012

> My problem is that when I try to operate on 160 the DSL
> crashes. I have tried many Type 31 3 inch ferrite rings
> with 20 turns on both the phone line and the Cat 5 cable
> from the Zhone modem but even at 200 watts the
> DSL looses sync.

Herb,

The problem usually comes from the wall wart with RF getting into the power supply lead. Most modems us an external PS such as the infamous wall wart. Try wrapping the PS lead around the ferrite core as close to the modem as possible, the same with the Telco wiring . The other alternative is to get a modem with a internal PS. De W8VVG