Topband: Beverage strain auto-disconnects

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sun Jul 22 05:29:14 PDT 2012

On 07/20/2012 07:07 PM, ZR wrote:
> If the WD-11A is so weak and a repair problem why not support it on one of
> the higher strength fishing lines as a messenger?

Just a clarification here:

WD1A is plenty strong until a behemoth tree falls on it and breaks
it. The splice then leads to a new failure point unless you can be
100% certain of keeping water out of the splice. The reason is the
steel strands that give it strength rust through very quickly if
water gets to it.

I do know how to keep water out of things, but when you're standing
on a steep ice-covered slope hoping not to end up wrapped around a
tree 100 feet down-slope or underneath ice in the river, the quality
of work is not always perfect. :)    Preferably, work in such
locations is to be avoided altogether.

73,
Paul N1BUG