Topband: Beverage strain

Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Sun Jul 22 08:55:08 PDT 2012

It's almost enough to drive one back to electric fence wire. It's
inexpensive and reconnects easily using the wireman splice.
73
Bruce-K1FZ

 On 07/20/2012 12:59 PM, Tom W8JI wrote:
 This is exactly the problem I have with Wireman stranded ~400 ohm ladder
 line. After a few years, if water gets inside, conductors  rust through.

 If water gets into WD1A, the three steel strands rust through in
 less than 6 months. Sometimes much less. The four tinned copper
 strands deteriorate and eventually break also. I'm not a
 metallurgist, but somehow the rust from the steel *seems* to weaken
 them.

 73,
 Paul N1BUG