Topband: Beverage strain auto-disconnects

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Sun Jul 22 09:46:51 PDT 2012

The original rural C wire was oval shaped. It was two CCS conductors in a rubber jacket. There was a cloth covering over the inner rubber, then a thinner covering of rubber over the cloth. I've seen that wire occasionaly but it's pretty rare. The newer material is the two CCS conductors with a thermoplastic overmolded insulation using a very tough type of plastic. The exterior appearance of that type of wire is similar to a very heavy zip cord.

The newer wire is probably better suited to our purpose and it's easier to work with.

-Bill

[Sent using Blackberry Messaging]