Topband: Beverage

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 17:04:51 PDT 2012

We can place our conductors vertically if we have a narrow spacing (say,
~1"), but how about using wide-spaced line (~12")? It doesn't take much
imbalance to affect the F/B ratio.

I think that Harold Beverage also came up with one bi-directional design
that completely dispensed with a reflection transformer and instead used
one grounded wire and one floating wire. To make that work, isn't the
length of the Beverage tied to the desired frequency range? (In other
words, Beverages that use a reflection transformer have a much better F/B
ratio over a wide frequency range.)

I'd sure like to model those two designs into EZNEC+ 5.0 and see what
happens, but I'm not sure how to input the transformers into the models.
Has anyone ever done that? If so, I'd sure appreciate it if you'd send me
your EZNEC file. :-)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com