Topband: Beverage antennas

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Mon Jul 23 11:17:01 PDT 2012

Bruce is correct that Beverage antenna installation and maintenance brings on the risk of life changing Lyme disease.   Lyme disease is present in many areas of the world, but particularly in the non-arid areas of the United States, Canada and Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease

Permethrin treated clothing (socks, pants and long sleeve shirt) is exceptionally effective at repelling ticks.

http://sectionhiker.com/treating-your-clothes-with-permethrin

Clothing can be purchased pretreated with Permethrin.  Commercially treated clothing remains effective after dozens of washings.  Look for the trademarks "Insect Shield" and "Bug Shield" in sporting goods stores or online:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=insect+shield+clothing&tag=googhydr-20&index=apparel&hvadid=7552570997&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6295266011507505301&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_e41pllg51_e

73
Frank
W3LPL