Topband: Beverage strain auto-disconnects

KAZeringue kazeringue at aol.com
Tue Jul 24 17:14:22 PDT 2012

@N1BUG.....

The WD1A is fairly tough, ~200lbs break strength.  Tie it to the
supports/trees/insulators/whatevah with a single strand of 20-25lb test
monofiliment fishing line.  Tree falls on WD1A, maybe you then need only
replace monofiliment fishing line supports to re hang the wire instead
of splicing/weatherproofing.

That should help cut down on the number of wire splices.  It worked FB
on elevated-radials/branch-catchers, right up until I got rid of them
entirely.

73 de w4kaz