Topband: Antarctica

Don Field don.field at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 05:18:28 PDT 2012

Just to show how things have changed, when Richard VP8ANT (G3CWI) was at
Rothera Base with the British Antarctic Survey, one of his topband
activities was an entry in CQWW 160, in which he made a creditable number
of contacts given that January is Antarctic summer. But in those days there
was no satellite or email. Martin G3ZAY (his QSL manager) and I had to copy
all the QSO details over 20m SSB and then submit the log on Richard's
behalf!

Don G3XTT