Topband: radial wire source

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 06:01:11 PDT 2012

I think I asked something similar last fall , but , circumstances changed and I couldn't do anything about it at the time...

So , here I am again looking for a source of radial wire.... I was thinking of either going with K2AV's FCP or a radial field.... If i go with the radials I was thinking of using #14 stranded for about 15 radials that in theory would help absorb any lightning impulses (per W8JI website) , then I was going to use whatever wire I can find for the remaining 40 or 50 radials. My radial field can only cover from about SW thru North over to East.

Is there a better source for wire than Lowes/Home Depot ? I will check with the local electrical distibutor , but , if I recall correctly they weren't much better.... Lowes currently has 500' of #14 THHN for $50 I would need about 3000 feet.

Dan