Topband: Detuning transmit antenna in receive

W2XJ w2xj at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jun 17 08:03:53 PDT 2012

There is no single solution for detuning an antenna it depends on
electrical length. For verticals a quarter wavelength or less it is
common to have a contactor between the network and the radiating element
and open the connection to float that element. This is the practice in
commercial directional arrays where some tower are not used in a day or
night mode.  This does not work well on taller towers and I do not know
offhand how it would work with the T. It is easy enough to model in EZNEC.