Topband: TX ANT TO RX ANT COUPLING

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Wed Jun 20 12:45:47 PDT 2012

Tom,

This is not encouraging news for those of us with towers already ground
and are either shunt fed or cage fed.  Even though they are not
resonate, although top loaded and approaching resonance, it seems that
even with some elaborate decoupling arrangements, and I hope I am wrong,
not to much can be gained by even trying to get them "detuned".  This is
crucial for me to know, and I would assume many others that have
Beverage terminations or feed points 100 feet away,

Thanks for the warning as this summer I was going to install a HV relay
on the shunt cage to ground....but as you point out it may not help as
the grounded shunt or cage fed tower is already a noise source for close
proximity RX antennas.