Topband: July Stew Perry Please!!!!

Doug Turnbull turnbull at net1.ie
Sat Mar 17 04:12:06 PDT 2012

Dear OMs and Yls

     A July Stew Perry is an excellent idea!!!    We need something to temp
more onto the band during the noisy season.   One tunes the band a number of
times and hears nothing and so resorts to HF.    A good effort in high
summer for the northern latitudes might clear our ears.   Even if our
receive antennas were largely down, a contest might bring some of us out.
A summer contest could also make the K9AY and magnetic loop antennas have
more justification for their existence.    A July Stew Perry would be a fair
handshake to the southern hemisphere and their efforts during the warm
months.   Please bring it on!!!!

                                73 Doug EI2CN

PS Yes a summer contest, well Top Band Operators like pain.