Topband: Fwd: radals fer 160m vertcal

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Fri May 4 06:03:21 PDT 2012

That chart is about as obsolete as a 6V automotive electrical system.
The problem with Sevick and others is they do a test in their own back yard
with a minimum of test equipment and then rush to see their name in print.

For 160M the 120 radials required for the BCB is as close as you can get to
optimum in all ground conditions. It will be overkill in a salt marsh, fine
in the Midwest and barely make the grade in New England.

Adding a screen at the base of the tower will improve efficiency especially
in poor ground as I proved in the 80's at a prior home and have mentioned
here many times.

Carl
KM1H