Topband: Fwd: radals fer 160m vertcal

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Sat May 5 14:54:03 PDT 2012

Ive copied US BCB stations as far inland as Chicago in the far eastern
Meditaranean. Id be curious what the propagation mode was and if sky wave
how many hops?

I also regularly hear the LF BCB stations from EU and AF in the roughly
150-200KHz region and sometimes sounding like locals. What path is this?

I dont believe that the antipodes or other very long haul 160M QSO's have
completely been explained yet BUT Ive had better luck with an inverted vee
than phased full size 1/4 wave verticals with 32 elevated radials for
each.at grayline.
OTOH at other times the verticals are FAR superior.

Carl
KM1H

Carl
KM1H