Topband: 706T on 160 and 80

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Sat May 12 06:25:59 PDT 2012

George,  My 80 meter CW from 05/11 at 00:21 just appeared on the on line
log at 7O6T.

Thanks for the update.  I should be able to get 40 meters but last night
they were on SSB  going by numbers and QSX on just one frequency.  When
they got to the 4's  they said QRX 5 and then did not re-appear.  It
makes more sense IMHO for them to go by regions like "Caribbean Only"
but I have never heard that by any DX-pedition.  It is usually NA or SA
and never Cental America or the Caribbean.  I think what some ops may be
doing is just going QRT when the callers become totally unmanageable on
the higher bands.   This is why having a dedicated TB'er on these events
make so much sense.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ