Topband: 2 Parallel Beverages

Jeff Woods jmwooods at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 08:44:41 PDT 2012

John,

Yes, if both beverages are to be the same length, a single wire will work in both directions.  I take this approach on the E/W antenna:  It's a single-wire with transformers at each end and two runs of co-ax to the shack.  For this particular antenna, that was the cheapest / most-robust / easiest approach.

The antennas mentioned in my prior post used a shorter wire length in the secondary direction, added as an afterthought subsequent to the installation of the JA/EU antennas.   It was an easy way to get two new directions for free - spliced end-rolls were used for the wire.

Vy 73,
Jeff  W0ODS

If you terminate both ends though, isn't it easier just to use one wire and