Topband: 2 Parallel Beverages

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Wed May 23 11:01:05 PDT 2012

Terro ant kill works well around here.

If you cant elevate the RG-6 then find some surplus CATV hardline and remote
the switching. There are low cost microwave relays that provide a wiping
action that eliminates most switching problems; I bought 100 from Electronic
Goldmine a few years ago at .50 each. Using TX rated relay switches just
invites problems, besides some have poor isolation even on 160.

My hardline run has been trouble free for almost 23 years and the current
crop of RG-6 runs to relay boxes have been the same for up to 3 years.
Another hardline run of over 1000' is scheduled for when the deer ticks
taper off.

I dont believe my enviroment is too much different than yours during the
warm months. Tropical rains, horizontal rains, high winds, lightning, salt
water fog and rain, ants, spiders, mice, chipmunks, squirrels, deer, bears,
etc, tossed into the mix.

We even have deer ticks!

Ive also been known to keep my eyes and hands well trained using various
hand and long guns at times to provide food to the scavengers.

Carl
KM1H