Topband: Beverage Antenna

Buck wh7dx wh7dx at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Nov 9 01:07:03 EST 2012

Tonight right after sunset I heard AA0RS in Colorado for sure.  He popped up on the cluster right then.   (I need to learn CW).

He was 5-5 on LSB but only 5-1 on CW.   I was surprised I couldn't hear him that strong on CW because he was loud and clear on LSB.  That's pretty unusual?

I believe I also had N2RK in NY before.. not positive.

I could just faintly hear the DK station.  If I didn't see the cluster I wouldn't have known.

My grey line is Africa/Russia.

Does it seem like my low altitude dipole is working ok.   Colorado is 3300 miles to the NE and my dipole is NE / SW with another 450ft of hill right behind me over the NE.

I read that the dipole also radiates right off the ends outward.

LY7M	 AA0RS	1827.0	339	0412z 09 Nov
RA4LW	 AA0RS	1827.0	339hr at my SR	0401z 09 Nov
SV3RF	 AA0RS	1827.0	cq	0359z 09 Nov
DK2CH	 DK2CH	1839.5	cq on BPSK31	0356z 09 Nov
RK4FL	 LY7M	1832.0	[LoTW] CQing	0332z 09 Nov
RA4LW	 LY7M	1832.0	[LoTW] cqn	0330z 09 Nov
LY7M	 S57S	1823.1	[LoTW] cq	0317z 09 Nov
RA4LW	 N2RK	1831.2	cq machine	0310z 09 Nov
RA4LW	 N2RK	1831.2	si freq	0307z 09 Nov
LY7M	 N2RK	1831.4	579	0307z 09 Nov

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Mr. & Mrs. B and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, or where ever the hell it ends up, and will almost certainly contain information that will offend a large portion of the population, which isn't our concern. If you are not the intended lucky recipient, or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without the proper authority of the Wizard of Email or Al Gore, you are notified that any thought, use, or consumption of this email is entirely your choice. In such case, Bon Appetit....    Note:  A $.02 Internet Tax was charged for receiving this email and all funds were given to some family somewhere in America or the U.N....  Have a nice day.