Topband: Beverage Antenna

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 9 22:36:24 EST 2012

I'm not sure why the bidirectional coaxial cable Beveridge doesn't get
more discussion.  It is described in ON4UN's book, and seemed to work
fine when I built one at a prior QTH, although it does take two
feedlines from what would logically be the closest end to the shack.
Given the price of RG6 and surplus RG58/59 it is easier and potentially
cheaper than open wire feedline.  Three transformers and no relays.
(page 7-88 5th edition and earlier editions as well)

Is there some reason that a pair of open wires are significantly better?

Grant KZ1W