Topband: "Outing the Scofflaws" - Getting Old

Jerry Keller (K3BZ) k3bz at verizon.net
Mon Nov 12 12:35:42 EST 2012

This topic is getting old.
Here's another point of view:
Why should I let myself get aggravated over the poor operating habits of others?
Why should their bad behavior take up my valuable time to give them the attention they want?
I can't be bothered writing complaints or naming names or "outing" anybody.
I have enough on my plate just to watch my own operating behavior.
I have enough to do to try my best to comply with some sort of standard (such as the DX Code of Conduct http://dx-code.org ).
There will always be "jammers", "cops", "tuner-uppers", and those that call a lot but listen little.... the only meaningful thing I can do about it is to minimize my own mistakes.
Every serious DXer I know says ignoring them is the best policy.
DXing in general (and breaking pileups in particular) is a challenge and these guys are part of it. Making the contact IN SPITE OF THEM just makes it that much sweeter.

73, Jerry K3BZ