Topband: 160 meter issues

John Harden jhdmd at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 13 07:14:32 EST 2012

Fellow top banders,

I have been chasing DX since the age of 15 in 1959. I have pretty much
seen it all. None of it really bothers me. It is only a hobby, and not a
career. I just get on with great antennas, maximum legal power, and a
few operating tricks I've picked up over the years. I work 'em and move on.

In the Army we used to say "if you're still vertical" at the end of the
day it's been a great day. It's all up hill from there..... That
attitude comes from being in and out of the military from age 17 to age 60.

My best,

John, W4NU
Atlanta, GA
K4JAG (1959 to 1998)