Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Nov 13 12:28:51 EST 2012

On 11/13/2012 7:56 AM, Chortek, Robert L wrote:
> Yes, sometimes it is accidental, and I have been guilty of calling when I should be listening.

Of course, but not for six or seven TX/RX cycles!  We should be calling
ONLY when we can copy the DX station well enough to know what's going
on. I drop my call once, usually at 30 wpm if prop is decent, pause a
couple of beats to LISTEN, then repeat that cycle. Yes, I call
repeatedly, but with pauses to LISTEN after every call.

Someone sent me an email noting that W3GH was repeatedly calling out of
line, but "no one had the guts to tell him."

As to TX on the DX frequency -- that's a simple mistake, we've all done it.

73, Jim K9YC