Topband: TX/ RX Antenna Switching

Buck wh7dx wh7dx at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Nov 14 14:24:34 EST 2012

Yes,   I didn't get that right and makes sense.   Only 50W on my Radio.. 1/2 power into Amp.

I'm obviously not electronically edumacated (as they say in Hawaii :-).. just trying to figure out how to reach out without spending an arm/leg or hurting anything :-)

I ordered the Array AS-RXFEB to try it out.  It's the easiest way to install.   I'm going to use the TS-570 for TX and Yaesu 987 for RX.

For me, I should be able to tell pretty easily if it works or not I would think?   The Beverage itself should be a nice improvement as a directional to NE (Mainland U.S.)

What's the RX with and without the product attached to antenna?   Can I tell a difference by ear?   See an S difference?

I would try 5 watts without the filter on and see what it shows?   Maxed out?   Try 10 watts with and without etc...

I looked up the instructions for DX RTR-1 Switch and Diagram 2 is what I'd be using.  811H amp.  Beverage, Amp Buffer etc...

If I'm not satisfied with Array on 2nd Radio (having to adjust volume might be an annoying issue)..  I think the DX is the second choice.

http://static.dxengineering.com/global/images/instructions/dxe-rtr-1a-rev1.pdf

I'm using a DX Eng. 4 Port Switch for Hex, 40, 80 and 160M dipole.   I might go with the Cushcraft MA-160V if not satisfied with Dipole.  (limited space and height issues).

When everyone was trying to reach PT0S a few days ago.. I was getting clear signals from all over the U.S. & East Coast was no problem 5-7 (my noise is usually around S3-4 on low Dipole - with 200ft ocean drop nearby).  Not too close to city.. on point.

East Coast from me is nearly 5000 miles and it was a pileup.  I recorded it on phone to have friend tell me call signs (getting ready to learn CW now).

Yesterday..  Noise level was S0-S1.   Very quiet.

Thank you!!

Bryan.

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Mr. & Mrs. B and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, or where ever the hell it ends up, and will almost certainly contain information that will offend a large portion of the population, which isn't our concern. If you are not the intended lucky recipient, or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without the proper authority of the Wizard of Email or Al Gore, you are notified that any thought, use, or consumption of this email is entirely your choice. In such case, Bon Appetit....    Note:  A $.02 Internet Tax was charged for receiving this email and all funds were given to some family somewhere in America or the U.N....  Have a nice day.