Topband: TX/ RX Antenna Switching

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 15 15:55:26 EST 2012

Tom,

Thanks for all your contributions and comments.  I searched the DXE web
site and was unable to find the limiter you mentioned.  Could you be
more specific?

Also, a clarification about data on your web site re the RDF table in
the "How low noise receiving antennas really work" page - I assume the
"small 4 square" refers to a designs (yours) such as the DXE active 4
and 8 squares with whip antennas.  Could you confirm that?

I'm considering 80/160 receiving antennas and have the space for three
Beverages 0.75 to 1.0wl 160m long bidirectional (NE/SW, E/W, NW/SE) made
from coax, QTH is Redmond, WA.  Also, I'm considering the DXE 4 and 8
square active arrays with a radius of 0.15 wl (80') on 160m but can't
get more than about 1/4 wl from a 160m vertically polarized delta loop.
My 80m rotatable dipole is at 100' up and the tower base at least 100'
from the nearest 8 square antenna, so hopefully that interaction is minimal.

Your inputs would be appreciated.

Grant Saviers KZ1W