Topband: Covered /bare antennn wire

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Nov 15 18:17:55 EST 2012

Subject: Re: Topband: Covered /bare antennn wire

> Tom,
>
> Thank you for your research and information. You have me convinced
>
> My much lower BOG Beverage has a better signal to noise than my taller
> Beverages in storm events. This aligns to your research.
>
> 73
> Bruce-K1FZ

That has nothing to do with the P-static itself.  The BOG is coupled closely
to ground and the elevation angle signal lobe increases. I use elevated and
BOG Beverages and see no correlation to P-static but the BOG's have much
less local neighborhood crud which is vertically polarized; they always have
a better SNR but do not hear the long haul pee weak DX at all most of the
time. Both have their purpose in any weather.
OTOH all my runs are thru deep woods and not wide open fields so maybe that
is a factor.

Carl
KM1H