Topband: Vertical Array Over Uneven Ground

Raoul Coetzee raoulcoetzee at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 01:24:26 EST 2012

Here in South Africa we always had the imperial system till somewhere in the middle sixties and before that we changed from pounds to "decimal" Rand and cents.
It was met with some resistance but soon everybody got used to it.
As I have a British lathe and milling machine in my garage /workshop, and is part time building a model steam train from imperial plans,
I can switch between metric and imperial quite easily. Most eletronic callipers and micrometers
have a little mode button to measure in both systems.
73
Raoul ZS1REC

 >I'm an EE and I work in my own machine shop in my (new) retirement. I work in
>Imperial units because I THINK in Imperial units - it's what I learned as a
>wee bairn. I KNOW what an inch and a foot are, instinctively, and although
>I have no problem working in metric, I prefer not to because the units are
>non-instinctive - to ME. I care not a whit if metric calculations are
>faster or somehow superior; I don't think in metric - period.

73,

geo - n4ua