Topband: Vertical Array Over Uneven Ground i ttitudes

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Fri Nov 16 13:54:33 EST 2012

<snip>

> After I took the trouble to learn about inches, fractions of inches,
> feet, yards, miles, acres, sections, tons, pounds and ounces that
> *other* funny system was introduced! Oy vay! Talk about a funny
> system...what about those fluid ounces and the weight kind? Were they
> smoking something funny in their old pipes?
>
> All of my measuring tapes (the ones I use for antenna wires and
> carpentry (okay - wood butchering) are in feet and inches. I just
> looked to make sure. Until now I had not considered myself to be
> bilingual. What a delightful surprise to discover that I really am
> (evil grin).
>
> 73,
>
> Bill  KU8H

When I was in Nursing School we had to learn to administer liquid
drug doses by the english measurements by drops, teaspoon, tablespoon
& it was a PITA to keep things straight fast and simple. Dealing with
millimeters & centimeters was cake. You want to measure 58
millimeters in a 100 ml syringe, no problem. Imagine breaking that
down to how many drops that comes out to is a different matter.

I use the english measurement because so much here is still in that
system but give me things that are evenly divided by ten any day if I
want it to be simple. Some people like a challenge, I like to reduce
difficulties.

Whatever works best for you is best.

Gary
KA1J