Topband: Covered /bare antennn wire

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Nov 16 20:47:01 EST 2012

> From my own exhaustive research and many lab experiments with HV corona
> discharge, it seems to me that at least some of this could be eliminated
> by
> either:
>
> 1. Eliminating all the sharp points
> 2. Properly covering all the sharp points with suitable insulation such as
> heat shrink or vinyl caps.

You just might have nailed it Mike, congratulations.

In order to keep the vibration damping ropes in place the yagi element ends
have Caplugs and/or a couple of wraps of Scotch 88, I did not do that with
the KLM 40M which finally was removed to be fodder for a HB 2/2
Cushcraft/Leeson clone.

Carl
KM1H