Topband: FCP question

Jim Bennett w6jhb at mac.com
Sat Nov 17 16:35:46 EST 2012

My 80 meter FCP installation was done last spring with the assistance of Guy K2AV. I have NO additional ground at the antenna feed point at this time. The outer coax conductor is at ground where it enters the shack (about 90 feet from the antenna), but I have not driven any ground rods into the soil at the FCP end. When I last looked at it with my MFJ-259B, I had about 100 kHz bandwidth, zero reactance, and about 50 or so ohms resistance. It plays pretty well, but I need to get the vertical segment of it running up higher.

Jim / W6JHB (w6jhb.com)