Topband: phasing line lengths for phased verticals

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Nov 17 21:50:15 EST 2012

 > Joe...I was wrong in my post.  My verticals are 1/2 wave apart on 80m,

That changes things ...

 > So the question remains, how to properly feed phased verticals that
 > are physically 1/2 wave apart

Seems to me you have two options ... feed them in phase which provides
a bidirectional pattern *broadside* or feed them out of phase which
provides a bidirectional pattern *endfire*.  With the in/out of phase
feed, I would use 1/2 wave lines from the verticals to the phasing
unit.  The phasing unit would consist of your two 1/4 wave lines with
a half wave line in series with one of the two verticals - in line for
endfire and bypassed for broadside.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV