Topband: Detuning Tower

Clive GM3POI gm3poi2 at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 18 09:54:55 EST 2012

Hi All,

                I am thinking of a new Beverage that passes fairly near
(50ft) of A tower that is not used on transmit as a vertical but is probably
resonant in the 1.5-2.5mhz region.  I would like it  not add any noise to
the beverage, a big ask I think.

                Is it just best to get the towers inherent resonance way
below the medium wave, and therefore less likely to re radiate noise to the
beverage, Or is there an alternative.?   I know ideally I should get it far
away from the tower but that's not possible in these circumstances.
Remember this is not the TX transmit antenna.   73 Clive GM3POI

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======