Topband: V84SMD and XW2CW

David Raymond daraymond at iowatelecom.net
Tue Nov 20 14:16:36 EST 2012

V84SMD made an appearance on both 160 and 80m again this morning NA time.  They were on 80m before I got to the rig.  However, I was listening for them when they were on 1824.5.  I had no hint of them either direct or LP.  However, Rich, K7ZV, was hearing them 339, well enough to call.  However, he was not able to complete a QSO.  DJ7JC, Norbert, who was operating lowbands at V84SMD, was on LB Chat.  He mentioned that they were dealing with major thunderstorms, lightning, and S9 noise.  It is encouraging to see they are making an effort on TB for NA SR.

XW2CW was also qrv this morning with Rudi, DK7PE, at the key.  I missed a good part of that but he was on both 80 and 160 looking for NA via LP around 1100z,  This is not a 24/7 operation but Rudi is a first class topband veteran and knows how to make it happen.  I did not hear any signs of Rudi while he was on TB.

73. . .Dave
W0FLS