Topband: ROD NEWKIRK,W9BRD/VA3ZBB/W9BRD died last night.

HAROLD SMITH JR w0rihps at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 20 21:25:35 EST 2012

Hello Charlie,

Nice to see you on the web.

In the early 50s, we would send in contact information to Rod and he would
publish some in QST "How's DX".

I sent one in with some QSOs on 10 meter AM and CW.

Rod put in the publication : W0CKC actually worked someone on 10CW.

W0CKC was my first call and now my Club Call.

73.......Price W0RI

I remember Rod from the old days (40's at least).
The following is a quotation from Rod that's been posted in my shack forever:

"I HATE THE GUYS WHO CRITIZE THE ENTERPRIZE OF OTHER GUYS WHOSE ENTERPRIZE HAS
MADE THEM RISE ABOVE THE GUYS WHO CRITIZE."

For Auld Lang Syne....Charlie, W0CD..
Topband reflector - topband at contesting.com