Topband: ZL9HR

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sun Nov 25 19:43:11 EST 2012

Here is what I found, Steve:

http://k3el.wordpress.com/dx/zl9hr/propagation/

"2. Operating times -- It is a condition of our operating permit that we
leave the island during the hours of darkness. This is a general
limitation for visitors to Campbell Island, and similar conditions
applied during the ZL9CI <http://www.qsl.net/z/zl9ci/> expedition. /This
restriction will limit our activities on the low bands./ Although
considerable effort was made to convince the NZ DOC that an exception be
made to accommodate LF DX communications, this was not granted.
Exceptions may be made due to on-island conditions, e.g. if a storm
makes it unsafe to leave the island and go to the boat, operators will
have to stay ashore overnight and will, of course, try and work the low
bands as much as possible."

Looks like there will be a short window for North America starting every
day around 0840 UTC. We are getting close to the solstice, so in the
southern hemisphere the evening twilight should be long. This could help
depending on exactly how the authorities define "darkness".

73, Mike W4EF..........