Topband: Inverted L SWR Jumps ???

Ashton Lee Ashton.R.Lee at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:14:26 EST 2012

Ok, everyone thanks for all the help.

I rebuilt the antenna from new wire, built a two insulator termination at the end of the horizontal section where the high voltage is, I rehung the new antenna so that it doesn't touch anything… and the problem persisted. I then looked into Tom W8JI's suggestion about a bad lightning arrestor, and indeed that was the problem. I had blown the little cartridge in my Alpha Delta lightning stopper.

I don't know why the issue only showed up on a single antenna of the many I have fed through that device. But it did.

So Tom, thanks in particular.

I did leave the choke balun in place. Who knows if that makes a difference?

Everyone, please listen for the weak signal from Western Colorado this weekend.

KQ0C
Ash