Topband: November 30-December 2 -- ARRL 160 Meter Contest

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Fri Nov 30 09:53:11 EST 2012

After the Thurs night NCCC NS sprint I called CQ on 160 and worked two guys who were on 160 for their first time ever. One was there to see what it's like before the ARRL 160 and the other was there because he noticed the swarm of NS'ers just a few minutes before. Both were loading up into whatever wire they had for other bands.

I myself am a 160 newbie. Ham for 36 years but my first 160 QSO was just over a year ago. The contests, even little events like NS, be they fair or not, help draw folks in.

I think perhaps more promotion of TBDC would be appropriate. QST will always pay more attention to the ARRL 160 but we have many other channels to push TBDC, I found out about it through WA7BNM's contest calendar.

Tim N3QE.