Topband: Ground conductivity, permittivity measurement

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Oct 2 13:22:59 EDT 2012

On 10/2/2012 3:31 AM, cris blak wrote:
> The less ground conductivity the higher is the antenna elevation radiation angle.

Excellent work, Cristi.  A suggestion for this last part of the
analysis.  Rather than look at the vertical angle where the radiation
peaks, look at the field strength at some chosen low angle, like 10
degrees for various soil conditions.  Now, we can see a dB value.

Another thing I've been doing with EZNEC is saving computed pattern
traces for various conditions and then recalling them all on a single
plot.  In this way, it's easier to see the effects of a change.  And it
is also possible to move the cursor from one curve to another and see dB
values.

73, Jim K9YC