Topband: Fishing beacons redux

Mike Armstrong armstrmj at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 14:49:21 EDT 2012

Tom and all,
I searched for the company name on those photos and it is a Japanese company that makes those models and many others.  The one in the pix that were put up are fairly sophisticated and they operate "1600-3000 khz."  So, apparently the Japanese are selling them here and they are being programmed to operate.... "Wherever" in that range..... I would think that these would be a type accepted item and that the ham portion of that range would be locked out.

By the way..... They are 9 watt transmitters in that model..... Boy they make alot of noise for 9 watts..... Oh, and the listed "range" was like 100 miles..... Uhhhh, guys, you might want to alter that statement...... LOL

Mike AB7ZU

Kuhi no ka lima, hele no ka maka