Topband: Spurious Signal on 1810.8

Charles Moizeau w2sh at msn.com
Tue Oct 2 23:07:37 EDT 2012

I am 30 miles due west of NYC.  I receive it plenty loud on 1.810540 mHz.  For a while this evening I experienced only about +/- 5dB of QSB , but now that QSB is running +/- 15 dB.  Therefore it's got to be a good bit of sky wave reaching me.

I don't have directional receiving capability.  Will be away all day Wednesday and after late morning Thursday.  Will try to remember to listen Thursday morning between 0900 and 1100 EDT to see if I get any ground wave reception.

72/73,

Charles, W2SH