Topband: 1810

Rick Stealey rstealey at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:04:49 EDT 2012

So what do we know so far?  No one has used an extremely sharp directional antenna like a loop,
but the Beverages, KA9Ys, etc. from Maine to NC seem to be roughly pointing to the mid-Atlantic area
like NJ, NYC, Delaware?  I am in central NJ 15 mi east of Trenton, and the signal here is not
extremely loud (S5 on a NE/SW Beverage, bidirectional).
If it was thought to be local to me (few hours drive) I would spend an afternoon hunting it
down with a loop antenna, but we sure could use some additional data points from stations
with loops with sharp nulls to get us headed in the right direction.
Ideas for simple, useful loops would be helpful.
One thing I would suggest - standardize on receiver settings.  I used CW, 400 Hz bandwidth on my K3,
 no preamp of course.

Rick  K2XT