Topband: 1810

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Wed Oct 3 08:23:23 EDT 2012

On 10/03/2012 08:12 AM, Eddy Swynar wrote:
> Not to sound rude or demeaning

Likewise, certainly, Eddy, but...

> STAY OFF OF 1810-KHz.

And ignore the fact someone has a technical problem which is
intruding into our allocation. Hmm... seems like bad practice on our
part to turn a blind eye.

> There's never any DX way down in that part of the band anyway...

Au contraire! I have personally worked several JA stations between
1810 and 1811. If I had the patience to investigate my log I am
certain I would find European and other DX worked that low. I know
of at least one big gun just east of me who has run strings of JA's
on 1810.5 at sunset (yes, long path).

It is probably less of an issue *right now*, but a couple of years
ago when we were near solar minimum, there were plenty of times the
band was so crowded the DX was forced to utilize every kHz of space
available or stay off the air. I kid you not.

73,
Paul N1BUG