Topband: W4OWJ - Jack Matthews- SK

Bob Garrett rgarrett5 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 6 07:34:12 EDT 2012

Greetings Topbanders,

Like Jeff, I had the pleasure of participating in the 160 Meter Call List.
Jack W4OWJ was always one of the first to give you a call along with Jim
K1MEM (SK), Bill K1MM, Wal W8LRL, Dave KJ9I and many others.

As recent as last year, a phone call, not a spot made it possible for me to
put BU2AQ in my log for my last Topband zone.  Jon, AA1K gave me a ring to
give me the heads up.  So, even with all the reverse beacons, spotting etc,
don't discount a person listening and reaching out to you via the phone to
give you an opportunity for a new one!
RIP Jack, your gentle demeanor and great operating skills will always be
remembered.  73, Bob K3UL