Topband: W4OWJ - Jack Matthews- SK

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 6 20:40:07 EDT 2012

Link to his obituary:
http://www.tributes.com/show/94530342?active_tab=obituary

Jack's efforts on the Topband need list -- on paper and sent via snail
mail -- helped me and others work many new ones on the band in the '80s
and '90s. The telephone alerts were a valuable tool and we had many
late-night chats on the band about the latest DX news. I had the
pleasure of Jack visiting with us at our previous QTH near Wilmington in
the mid-90s when he was up from Florida.

At age 93, Jack queried a QRZ.com forum about the minimum number of
radials for his 42-foot vertical. He had laid down 3 that were 133-feet
long at that point but was having trouble bending over.

Jack had Topband DXCC no. 60.

Rest in peace Jack.

73/Jon AA1K

.