Topband: Nice Condx!

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Sun Oct 7 10:32:52 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process here of installing my Icom 751A in the Topband operating position (and relieving my Yaesu FT-980), & this morning had occasion to tune around the band just to see "...what's what"...

What a most pleasant surprise to be greeted by a QRN-less band!

I copied Jon (AA1K) working a "VK6", but couldn't hear the Aussie...and up the band N6O was calling "CQ P" & getting the odd response. The rest of the band was quiet and sounded most inviting!

One more grass harvest ahead of me, I believe, & then I'll be ready to make some noise on 1.8-MHz---but if to-day is any indicator, I SHOULD have made efforts to get on much earlier...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ